1. Scented candles are something that isn’t strictly a Christmas thing in my house, I burn them all year round. However there is something about the colder months that makes candles even more addictive. My all time favourite is Yankee Candle’s ‘Christmas Eve’ and I have been burning it every day since I finally managed to get my hands on it.
2. Decorating the house is a must, yes I’m 20 but I’m not ashamed to admit decorating the tree is something I look forward to for months in advance. For some reason this year I’m feeling even more festive than normal so my decorating hasn’t stopped with the tree, the house is full of stuffed snowmen and of course my front door is wearing a wreath.
3. Christmas food and drink have got to be mentioned in a festive post. I’m not a massive fan of mince pies I have to admit but Quality Streets are a must for me. Also a rich hot chocolate topped with whipped cream and sprinkles in a reindeer mug hits the spot perfectly.
4. Christmas films, well do I need to say much more? Of course at this time of year one of my favourite things to do in the evening is snuggle up on the sofa and watch Elf on repeat. Any film involving Santa, a Christmas tree and perhaps even a talking snowman is all I need to get in that festive mood.
5. Lastly, winter walks. I love nothing more than wrapping up warm and going for a walk in the park on a crisp winters day, if there is snow… Even better.